- Experience Less Than 1 Year
- Gender Any Gender
- Qualifications Professional Certificate
We are looking for a Junior Systems Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor installed systems and infrastructure.
- Manage hardware and software inventory.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of manuals and knowledgebase articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, MIS or a related technical discipline is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of systems engineering processes.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, DNS, routing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Ability to write and develop technical documentation and integrated systems operational views.
- Solid communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Good networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Deep interest in emerging technologies required.
Good to Have Qualifications
- Experience with administration of Linux / Windows systems.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies is a plus.
- Understanding of web hosting technologies (cPanel, Plesk) is a plus.
- Experience with server hardware.
- Experience with monitoring systems.
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus.
- Any experience with systems management, optimization tuning, High Availability configurations (Clustering, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Private Health Insurance
- Sick, personal, and parental leave
- Social security
- Amazing learning environment
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus
- Breakfast & Lunch