- Experience 4 Years
- Gender Male
- Qualifications Bachelor Degree
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
NRC is a Norwegian humanitarian organisation working in more than 30 countries all over the world to provide assistance to the people who had to flee their houses because of conflict. NRC core competencies are in shelter, sanitation, food security, education and information/counselling/legal assistance. NRC support people solely based on their needs. NRC is setting up office in Libya. More info: www.nrc.no
Job Overview: The purpose of the Shelter Coordinator position is to implement projects in which the housing situation of vulnerable displaced families living in severely inadequate housing is improved through an integrated approach. The Shelter Coordinator will lead the teams that will improve the shelters, the water supply and sanitation.
· Line management of shelter project field staff
· Contribute to shelter strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps
· Manage and implement delegated portfolio of shelter projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from the shelter Project Manager (PM) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
· Provide regular progress reports to the shelter PM
· Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
· Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
· Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
No double job.
Education: Civil engineering/Architect or proven extensive experience in managerial positions, ideally in humanitarian context.
Experience: Minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in similar positions. INGO experience is an asset.
Language: Fluency in Arabic and English
Computer proficiency (word, excel, CAD)
Other qualities: integrity, teamwork skills, flexibility.
To apply for this position, please click on the below link: