The Social Media and office communication intern will work closely with the team leader, under the supervision of the program manger to carry out the below activities to ensure a proper implementation of the organization’s media and outreach strategy.
- Excellent research and writing skills in both English and Arabic for social media content.
- Ability to manage multiplatform media content (including Facebook, twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn…)
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo editing and video editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Effective communicator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, team player.
- Able to work, independently in stressful conditions, dynamic and results-driven.
- Discretion; Well-organized and efficient.
- Flexible and keen to learn new skills.
- Commitment to community development field
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Social Media :
· Updates Facebook and Twitter account and work with the Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
· Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Hexa connection.
· Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
· Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter and LinkedIn page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction, compile contact lists of media outlets, social media accounts and journalists writing about technology and entrepreneurship.
· Monitor analytics with on social media to identify viable ideas
· Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
· Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Digital Media:
· Takes pictures and videos of training events to be developed into content for the Hexa Connection website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
· Uploads photos and videos to the appropriate server or cloud storage accounts.
· Organizes and archives digital images and videos.
· Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
· Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on “social media best practices”.
· Completes other research projects as assigned.
- To Apply:
Email resume and cover letter (either as Word or PDF attachments) to:
No phone calls, interested applicants are encouraged to apply by August 1st
We will accept applications until we fill the position. Connection seeks to create an inclusive workplace where all people are welcomed regardless of their ethnicity, race, income, age or abilities.
We seek to create an organization and community development field that is reflective of the people we serve.